Just a reminder we have open build night Thursday nights! All hands Active is open from 2pm to 10pm.
Come on down and make some art or make some holiday cards. No supplies necessary!
For more details check out this facebook link or show up.
Come check out 3d scanning and printing at the downtown Ann Arbor Library location this Saturday November 30th from 2pm – 4pm. We can scan you, create a 3d model of you using off the self components and we’ll be demonstrating 3D printing.
For more information check out this link.
We hope to see you there!
All Hands Active is going to be closed this weekend to the public due to the holiday. We’ll resume normal hours next week.
Just a reminder one benefit of membership is 24/7 access! If you are considering joining as a member feel free to stop by and ask about membership or join our mailing list.
The Neutral Zone stopped by to take a tour of our space today. We gave them a quick tour and showed them an Oculus Rift, the laser cutter and 3d scanning among other things that we have down in the shop.
For your gif enjoyment see the below images from tonight.
And here’s the next board:
We’re looking forward to working with you to make AHA better! Come join us at a board meeting and give us some input, second Wednesdays of every month at 7:00PM.
Don’t forget: voting begins tomorrow at AHA (10/24) for all paid and/or in-good-standing volunteers/members/goodly-folks. We will be there collecting votes from 7:00-10:00PM. You are encouraged to bring a dish to pass and some good cheer as we look forward to the next six months together.
Some other stuff:
- Anyone who needs to vote absentee, please let us know ASAP!
- Be sure to check out the list of board candidates and a bit about some of them over here!
- We love you. <3
Updated: Whoops, fixed the dates!
Elections for the next Board of Directors are coming up! Beginning today is the nomination period for prospective board members.
We have compiled a list of goals we have for the next board here: The Next 6 Months. If you think you can help us achieve those goals, please consider running for the board! The board term is six months long, and you must remain a member in good standing during this period.
Here’s the breakdown of important dates for elections:
- Today – October 17 at 11:59PM: People can start nominating themselves or others over the ahashop_members at googlegroups.com mailing list.
- October 17 at 11:59PM – NOMINATIONS: If you nominate yourself or wish to accept someone else’s nomination, send an email explicitly and clearly stating that you are running to board at allhandsactive.com before midnight! Any confirmed nominees might also want to send a note to the ahashop_members at googlegroups.com list so that people know they are running. The current board will also send out periodical reminders of confirmed nominees as we collect them.
- October 18 – October 24 at 7:00PM – ABSENTEE VOTING: If you know that you are unable to make it to the voting party at AHA on the evening of the 24th, let us know ASAP and we will do our best to accommodate your vote with an alternate voting procedure.
- October 24 at 7:00PM until 10:00PM – ELECTIONS: We host a themed Build Night in which the goal is to build a board! Converge on AHA at 7:00PM, eat potluck-style foods, and cast your ballot. We will tally votes at 10:00PM.
- October 25 at Midnight: New board is put in place!
We will be using an instant-runoff-style vote. You will assign each nominee a number from 1 to N (N being the number of nominees we have by the end of the 17th). Higher numbers represent the nominees you favor most, with 1 being your least-favored. We will add up all of your ranking values and pick the five highest-scoring nominees, who will become the next board.
If you are a fully-paid Standard Member ($50), Reduced Membership Member ($20), or 4 ‘n’ 4 Staff Member ($0) in October, you are entitled to one vote. You may become a member at any time up until the 24th if you would like to be counted for this election.
And here’s the current board:
Please leave a comment here or on the Board Elections mailing list thread with election-related questions, or nominations. If you have matters of a sensitive nature, you may also email the board directly at board at allhandsactive.com.
Thank you, and see you for elections on October 24th at 7:00PM!
Pics or it didn’t happen. Oh no! We spent a couple weeks cleaning and brightening the space up. You should come check it out!
We are now looking for a few awesome people to help keep the space open to the public. If you have five hours a week you want to spend learning to use tools, rocking out the front desk, and connecting people to the space – we want you. Click it, it’s the first step to a wonderful new place : )
Remodeling work and plumbing issues have taken a little longer than expected. We will be up and running again to the public on Saturday September 7th!