…is available at three levels:
Standard: $50/month gets you
- 24-hour access with a key and door fob (must be vouched for by two full-access members for 24/7 access)
- A storage locker to call your own
- Discounted classes
- One vote in any organizational elections
- You get to help AHA out for one hour per month to keep it awesome!
Student or Starving Hacker: $20/month gets you
- The same basic benefits as a standard membership, but at a more affordable rate for those who cannot afford the full price.
- You get to help AHA out for five hours per month to keep it awesome!
Free gets you
- Access to the shop during our open hours
- You can still help AHA out as much as you want to help keep it awesome!
Some other great reasons to become a member!
- Access to a variety of tools for your crafting/tech needs!
- The use of machines you probably won’t have sitting around your house! (CNC, laser cutter, 3d printer, etc.)
- Networking and connections with a collection of creative folk!
- Experience the pulse of the Maker Movement and its addition to education in Ann Arbor!
- Warm fuzzies for helping to support a great community resource
What do I do if I want to be a member?
- Come visit the space at 525 E. Liberty, check us out, try out our tools.
- Bring a project for Build Night, every thursday from about 8:00 to 10:00.
- Chat with us on IRC and join the mailing lists you like.
- Choose a membership level and fill out a membership form.
- If applicable, pick out your locker and start taking more classes!
- Get your keys and RFID tag to the space.
- For keyed members, USE US! We’re here for your Making needs, rain or shine, 24/7.
Membership Explanation Documents – Cover the basics of membership expectations at each level.
Liability form - to be signed by anyone using the space.
Membership & 24/7 Access form - if you’re thinking of being a member, check this out.