PARDON OUR DUST! The membership process is being improved reflect current practices the addition of “Household Members” category. All internal documentation and related links being updated. Once complete, this website (and associated Wiki docs) will be updated to match. Thank you for your patience. (btw – no change to rates this update)
We’d love to have you aboard. All Hands Active’s most valuable assets are our members’ skillsets, desire to share their knowledge, and passion to make Ann Arbor smarter!
Membership at All Hands Active is available in three flavors:
Standard: $50/month gets you
- 24-hour access with a key and door fob (must be vouched for by two full-access members for 24/7 access)
- A storage locker to call your own
- Discounted classes
- One vote in any organizational elections
- You get to help AHA out for one hour per month to keep it awesome!
Student or Starving Hacker: $20/month gets you
- The same basic benefits as a standard membership, but at a more affordable rate for those who cannot afford the full price.
- You get to help AHA out for five hours per month to keep it awesome!
Free gets you
- Access to the shop during our open hours
- You can still help AHA out as much as you want to help keep it awesome!
Some other great reasons to become a member!
- Access to a variety of tools for your crafting/tech needs!
- The use of machines you probably won’t have sitting around your house! (CNC, laser cutter, 3d printer, etc.)
- Networking and connections with a collection of creative folk!
- Experience the pulse of the Maker Movement and its addition to education in Ann Arbor!
- Warm fuzzies for helping to support a great community resource
What do I do if I want to be a member?
- Come visit the space at 525 E. Liberty, check us out, try out our tools.
- Bring a project for Build Night, every thursday from about 8:00 to 10:00.
- Chat with us on IRC and join the mailing lists you like.
- Choose a membership level and fill out a membership form.
- If applicable, pick out your locker and start taking more classes!
- Get your keys and RFID tag to the space.
- For keyed members, USE US! We’re here for your Making needs, rain or shine, 24/7.
Membership Explanation Documents – Cover the basics of membership expectations at each level.
Liability form - to be signed by anyone using the space.
Membership & 24/7 Access form - if you’re thinking of being a member, check this out.