Date(s) - 26 May 2012
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
All Hands Active
Learn how to cut & etch with a LASER this Saturday! This workshop is suitable for all ages. If you’re under 12, you’ll probably need an adult. If you’re over over 80, you’ll probably need a kid.
Cost: $10 if you are a current paying member of AHA. $15 if you are not.
What does all this wonderful time and money get you? Why, it gets you:
– Basic instruction on how to use the laser cutter
– 1 hour (in addition / after class time) of use on the laser cutter, with the ability to pay for more time ($10 p/hour for members, $12 p/hour for non members)
– Satisfaction in helping create a fund to maintain, repair, upgrade the laser cutter!
Basic class plans:
– Basic image editing and generation
– Difference between raster and vector
– Pre cut flight check
– How to size your document
– Laser cutter set up and lock/unlock
– Power settings and configurations
– Cleaning the bed
– Basic trouble shooting
– Acceptable materials
– Post cut flight check
FYI: This class is limited to just 8 people. PREREGISTER now to guarantee your spot!
If you have previously attended a laser cutting class, you are welcome to attend this one for free!
This class typically repeats every fourth Saturday at 2:00pm : )
We look forward to seeing you!