Date(s) - 6 May 2012
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
All Hands Active
Join us between 3:00pm and 5:00pm
(feel free to stay later) on Sunday, April 15th for an open workshop covering the basics of knitting!
Basic topics available to cover:
- The very basics: knit stitch, purl stitch, casting on and off
- The difference between in how to do various basic patterns: garter,
stockinette, ribbing, seed stitch, double seed stitch, waffle blocks
- How to make cables
- Knitting “in the round” with either circular needles or double-pointed needles
- How to read a pattern
- Basic color changing for making simple images in design
- Increasing and decreasing
- Making pom-poms
This class is intended for those who have little to no knowledge.
Advanced knitters are invited to come and share what they know for the
benefit of everyone!
Free if you bring your own materials.
$5 at the door if you use ours!
Donations are always welcome regardless : )