Date(s) - 24 Apr 2014
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
All Hands Active
Members in good standing can vote in the board elections.
Elections to determine the newest members of the Board of Directors .
The pace has been picking up in the last six months: the 501c3 application has been submitted; we have reworked the organizational structure of AHA with the last round of Bylaws and Standing Rules changes; and we have been working with our members to identify where AHA should focus more of its efforts.
Part of the Bylaws changes mentioned was the extension of board member terms to a one-year appointment (up from six months). We have also opted to stagger the board terms so that we don’t have the possibility of wiping out all current board knowledge after an election. This should make it easier to get new board members up to speed at the start of their term. Finally, we have limited board members to serving three consecutive terms, so that we may keep our perspective fresh and minimize burnout.
That having been said, we are looking to fill two of our board member positions at this time. If you (or someone you know!) want to make a difference directing the development of a friendly and creative non-profit, and have a real dedication to helping make people smarter and more creative, then we invite your consideration to join our Board of Directors.
Here are the details on how this election cycle will run:
- Today – April 17 at 11:59PM: People can start nominating themselves or others over the ahashop_members at googlegroups.com mailing list.
- April 17 at 11:59PM – NOMINATIONS: If you nominate yourself or wish to accept someone else’s nomination, send an email explicitly and clearly stating that you are running to board at allhandsactive.com before midnight! Any confirmed nominees might also want to send a note to the ahashop_members at googlegroups.com list so that people know they are running. The current board will also send out periodical updates of confirmed nominees as we collect them.
- April 18 – April 24 at 7:00PM – ABSENTEE VOTING: If you know that you are unable to make it to the voting party at AHA on the evening of the 24th, let us know ASAP and we will do our best to accommodate your vote with an alternate voting procedure.
- April 24 at 7:00PM until 10:00PM – ELECTIONS: We host a themed Build Night in which the goal is to build a board! Converge on AHA at 7:00PM, eat potluck-style foods, and cast your ballot. We will tally votes promptly at 10:00PM.
- April 25 at Midnight: New board members are put into place!
The actual voting process will involve assigning each nominee a number from 1 to N (N being the number of nominees we have by the end of the 17th). Higher numbers represent the nominees you favor most, with 1 being your least-favored. We will add up all of your ranking values and pick the two highest-scoring nominees, who will become the newest members of the board.
If you are a fully-paid Standard Member ($50), Reduced Membership Member ($20), or 4 ‘n’ 4 Staff Member ($0) in April, you are entitled to vote. You may become a member at any time up until the 24th if you would like to be counted for this election.
And here’s the current board:
Please leave a comment here or on the Board Elections mailing list thread with election-related questions, or nominations. If you have matters of a sensitive nature, you may also email the board directly at board at allhandsactive.com.
Thank you, and see you for elections on April 24th at 7:00PM!