Date(s) - 10 Nov 2012
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
All Hands Active
The Arduino Microcontroller allows one to easily create devices that interact with the world. From something as simple as a door alarm, to complex line following robots and hovering quad-copters.
We’ll be covering the basics in this class, from installing the software and connecting the hardware, to putting together a simple circuit and playing with different electrical components. For the most part, we will be following tutorials on arduino.cc & ladyada.net.
What you absolutely have to bring:
- A laptop
Optional, but helpful:
- Install the software: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Bring some supplies (not necessary, but helpful if you have it already)
- – Arduino
- – Breadboard + Wire
- – Resistors, photocells, Switches, etc.
This class assumes you know absolutely nothing about electronics, microcontrollers, etc.
Cost: $10 Members, $15 Non Members. If you can’t swing that, but think you can help out with setup / takedown / promotions, let us know and we’ll work something out!
- 1st Hour = Standard Intro to Arduino Material.
- 2nd Hour = Play with various sensors (Switches, Gas, Microphones, Pressure, Temperature, etc.)
Registration is limited to 8, register today!
Bookings are closed for this event.