Date(s) - 7 Apr 2012
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
All Hands Active
We’re having a class on the first Saturday of the month from 2pm to ~4pm, and it’s all about using the Maker Bots down at All Hands Active! FYI: This class repeats on the first Saturday of every month.
Cost: $10 if you are a current paying member of AHA. $15 if you are not. What does all this wonderful time and money get you? Why, it gets you:
- Basic instruction on how to use the 3D Printers at AHA.
- Use of 3D Printer beyond class! (Quantity of plastic TBD)
- Satisfaction in helping create a fund to maintain, repair, and upgrade the machines!
Basic class plans:
- Access common resources for the Maker Bot
- Create a simple 3D Model in Blender that’s printer friendly
- How to print this model on the maker bot
- Common issues / baby sitting techniques to get it through the printing process
Though not necessary, it will help if you can bring a Laptop with Blender installed (at a minimum). We will be covering VERY BASIC information on how to print from: Rhino, Blender, and possibly some OpenSCAD.
FYI: This class is limited to just 8 people. Guarantee a spot by PRE-REGISTERING here!
If you can’t make class this Saturday, no worries! There will be a 3D Printing Class the first Saturday of every month, just for you! (And seven others)
- Previous attendees of this class are welcome to join in for free.
Look forward to seeing you this Saturday, and a huge thanks to Tyler, Michael, and Oishi for providing the time, skills, and Maker Bots to make this happen!
Bookings are closed for this event.