Date(s) - 6 Apr 2013
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
All Hands Active
Bring a lunch and learn how to use Sketch-up, OpenSCAD and Meshlab to create/edit models. Take your result and learn how you can print it on our printers. This class repeats every other month. This workshop is suitable for all ages. If you’re under 12, you’ll probably need an adult. If you’re over over 80, you’ll probably need a kid.
Cost: We ask for $10 if you are a current paying member of AHA. $15 if you are not. What does all this wonderful time and money get you? Why, it gets you:
- Basic instruction on how to use the 3D Printers at AHA.
- Use of 3D Printer beyond class! (Quantity of plastic TBD)
- Satisfaction in helping create a fund to maintain, repair, and upgrade the machines!
Basic class plans:
- Access common resources for the Maker Bot
- Create a simple 3D Model in Blender that’s printer friendly
- How to print this model on the maker bot
- Common issues / baby sitting techniques to get it through the printing process
We will teach you how to use the basics of SketchUp, OpenSCAD, and MeshLab. If you can come with this software pre-installed, great! If you have your own 3D Modeling program installed, and know how to use it, bring it along!
As with many other AHA classes, if you have paid for a previous 3D Printing class, you are welcome to stop on by for a free refresher.
We look forward to seeing you this Saturday, and a huge thanks to Tyler, Michael, and Oishi for providing the time, skills, and Maker Bots to make this happen!