Date(s) - 6 Apr 2013
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
All Hands Active
Learn about using the internet, software, and hardware to generate 3D Printed objects at All Hands Active. This class repeats every month. This workshop is suitable for all ages. If you’re under 12, you’ll probably need an adult. If you’re over over 80, you’ll probably need a kid.
Cost: We ask for $10 if you are a current paying member of AHA. $15 if you are not. What does all this wonderful time and money get you? Why, it gets you:
- Basic instruction on how to use the 3D Makerbot Cupcake CNC Printers at AHA.
- Use of 3D Printer beyond class! (Quantity of plastic TBD)
- Satisfaction in helping support your local hackerspace!
Basic class plans:
- Access common resources for a 3D Printer
- Create a simple 3D Model that’s printer friendly
- How to print this model on a 3D Printer
- Common issues / baby sitting techniques to get it through the printing process
We will teach you the basics of SketchUp, and open your eyes to the possibilities of OpenSCAD. Feel free to bring a laptop pre-loaded with the above mentioned, or your own preferred 3D Modeling Software : ) No worries if not, we have machines for use!
As with many other AHA classes, if you have paid for a previous 3D Printing class, you are welcome to stop on by for a free refresher.
We look forward to seeing you this Saturday!
Bookings are closed for this event.